Duration: 1 year
One year, full time course designed for students who wish to pursue a career in Sports, Health and Fitness. It is specifically aimed at those who are interested in Coaching and Gym Instruction. Students will gain practical and theoretical skills necessary for working in the Leisure Industry.
Graduates of the course could gain immediate employment as coaches, lifeguards, community and local authority work. Alternatively, Graduates are eligible to apply through the CAO and/or Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to year one of a range of higher certificate and degree programmes at Institutes of Technology and Universities e.g P.E Teaching in U.C.C.
A selection of modules is offered from the following
• Sport and recreation Studies • Exercise and Fitness
• GAA Coaching • Soccer Coaching
• Sports Anatomy and Physiology • Nutrition
• Pool Lifeguard • First Aid
• Work Experience • Communications
Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied. Exemptions may be made for mature students. Applicants will be interviewed.
- QQI Sports, Recreation and Exercise Level 5 (5M5146)
- FAI Kickstart 1
- GAA Level 1
- Irish Water Safety Pool Lifeguard
- National Certificate in Exercise and Fitness(awarded by University of Limerick)
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, find out more or enrol…
News - College Updates
Check out our facebook page to see what is happening throughout our courses.
The contents of Croom College's web pages are provided as an information guide only.